Monday, January 30, 2012

I am so blessed...

I wish to let you know that earlier this week I found out I was going to train a new elder, or a greenie! His name is Elder Skaggs. Yes, I am a trainer after just 2 months of being on my mission. I am the youngest elder, referring to time of being on the mission, to become a trainer in this mission.
Elder Nielson is leaving to the other apartment complex, so I will be without a companion for a week as he has to have surgery. He must, as told by the doctor, be homje for a week for his recovery (he is from Orem).
I am working on finishing the Book of Mormon by the end of the year, as well as try to memorize Psalms 23:1-7, which is the entire chapter.
I would like to share an experience I had the other day. On my way to the Family History Library, I happened by a homeless woman and a young man. They were in great need. The woman, Paula, asked if I could spare some money so they could obtain shelter for the night. I replied that I could not, for it would be a violation of mission rules. I then prayed in my heart and asked Heavenly Father what I should do. I had scarcely done so when Paula asked if we could say a prayer. We joined hands and I asked who she would like to say it. She asked if I would. I was prompted by the spirit in prayer to have help come by them that they may obtain stable living conditions, and gave thanks for the blessings we had in common, including the Gospel and the Atonement of Christ, for His great sacrifice on our behalf. Upon saying amen, Paula said she had been excommunicated from the church, and her son Jeff was seeking to obtain the Priesthood so that he could rebaptize his mom. I wished them best in this worthy pursuit and goal. I then noticed Jeff did not have any gloves. I asked if he would like mone, to which Paula said, "Don't you need those for your work?" I said no, I have another pair back at my apartment. I then asked Jeff if he would like them and of course he said that would be nice. We then parted. I then thanked God for the bounteous blessings which I have.
God does answer prayers in miraculous ways. Fasting does work when we are in the right spirit of doing so. God lives and loves each on of us.
I love all of you! Do your bes in all you do!
Love, Elder Ryan Capell

No comments:

Post a Comment